Saturday 6 September 2008

Woman

Never give up

I dearly wanted to post something about the recent report from the UN about the state of gender inequality in the UK. Unfortunately, domestic and caring duties have meant I have not been able to read nor think around it.'Nuff said!

I'm wondering if there might not be a humanitarian role for the UN troops here, I mean in my particular house.


FleetwoodToday, all day, I am necessitated to visit family in historic Fleetwood so I won't be able to do the things I really want to do although perhaps it will be jolly edifying on account of the town's layout being designed by Decimus Burton of Kew Gardens, St Leonards-on-Sea and Tunbridge Wells fame and perhaps I will marvel at the works of prolific builder of Fleetwood, Thomas Atkinson Drummond, and pay homage to him in the Wetherspoon's Thomas Drummond pub. Oh the sheer self-sacrifice of it all.

Instead follow the links provided by the far superior Dale, Alice Dale and check out the website of Jacky Fleming, the creator of the cartoon illustration above.

mrsb

No comments: